Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Benefit calculators: what benefits can you get

This advice applies to Wales

Depending on your situation, you can use the Turn2us,  Entitledto and Policy in Practice benefit calculators to check which benefits you can get. 

You’ll need information about savings, income, pension, childcare payments and any existing benefits (for you and your partner).

Check if you can use a benefit calculator

If you’re under 18, only the Policy in Practice calculator will work for you. 

None of the calculators will give you an accurate and detailed calculation if you're:

  • a student
  • not a British or Irish citizen
  • on strike
  • living outside the UK
  • living permanently in residential care or a nursing home
  • a prisoner

If you're not a British or Irish citizen

You can use the Support for Migrant Families tool if you're responsible for children under 18 and you want to find out what benefits and other help you can get. You'll need to be either:

  • from the EU, Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Liechtenstein and not able to get benefits in the UK
  • subject to immigration control, for example if your visa says "no recourse to public funds"

Your results will be more accurate if you know your immigration status.

Get help with bills and budgeting

If you're trying to cut your spending or are having trouble keeping up with payments, see our advice on getting help with bills. Or you can use our budgeting tool to see exactly where your money goes each month.

If you still need help

You can talk to an adviser about what benefits you can get

Did this advice help?
Why wasn't this advice helpful?

Please tell us more about why our advice didn't help.

Did this advice help?

Thank you, your feedback has been submitted.

UAT (Release)